2. OBJECTIVES OF SAFETY AND HEALTH REPRESENTATIVES COURSE
Students will be able to recognize and evaluate occupational safety and health hazards in the workplace, and to determine appropriate hazard controls following the hierarchy of controls. Students will furthermore be able to analyze the effects of workplace exposures, injuries and illnesses, fatalities and the methods to prevent incidents using the hierarchy of controls, effective safety and health management systems and task-oriented training.
By the end of this course, a student should:
1. Evaluate workplace to determine the existence of occupational safety and health hazards
2. Identify relevant regulatory and national consensus standards along with best practices that are applicable.
3. Select appropriate control methodologies based on the hierarchy of controls
4. Analyze injury and illness data for trends.