First aid training is a valuable, life-saving course. Its main objective is not to treat people but to provide immediate attention to a sick or injured person at the scene. First aid helps prevent the situation from getting worse while waiting for full medical care.
On completion of this course, learners will be:
• Able to understand how and when to administer first aid
• Able to provide appropriate treatment for the purpose of preserving life
• Able to minimize the consequences of injury until the arrival of medical assistance
• Able to provide appropriate treatment for an injury which does not require the attention of a medical practitioner or nurse
• Familiar with health & safety legislation on first aid in the workplace (e.g., Contents of First Aid Box)